Sydney Galleries and Museums Directory
Be the first to advertise in Sydney Galleries and Museums Directory!
We are developing sydney.place for you and early supporters can secure top of category and page one spots! If you would like to create a listing in Sydney for your Business or Community Group first Create an Account
Replace this Ad with your content, Your listing updates this entire page!
View an example. Consider what Category might you list in? Do we have it?
Do you like the Galleries and Museums in Sydney?
Galleries, Museums and Historical Venues in and around the Region of Sydney in New South Wales, Australia
Sydney is a vibrant city located in the southeastern part of Australia. It is renowned for its bustling metropolis, spectacular beaches and countless cultural landmarks. The region is also home to numerous galleries, museums and historical venues that display the rich art, culture and heritage of the area. Here are some of the most popular galleries, museums and historical venues that you can visit in and around the region of Sydney.
1. Art Gallery of New South Wales - This is the premier gallery in the region that exhibits some of Australia's finest art collections. It houses over 30,000 artworks that span from European old masters to Australian contemporary art. The gallery is located in the serene Sydney Botanic Gardens.
2. Museum of Contemporary Art Australia - The museum is dedicated to displaying contemporary art from all over the world. It is located at Circular Quay in Sydney, nestled between the iconic Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.
3. White Rabbit Gallery - This gallery showcases contemporary Chinese art. The designs are avant-garde and display a modern twist on traditional Chinese art. The gallery is located in Chippendale.
4. Brett Whiteley Studio - The studio is a well-preserved space in Surry Hills that was once the home of one of Australia's greatest artists, Brett Whiteley. Visitors can view his studio, complete with unfinished paintings, brushes, and paint stains.
1. Australian Museum - The museum is dedicated to showcasing the natural history of the region. It has interactive exhibits with displays of over 18 million objects. The museum is located in the heart of Sydney.
2. Powerhouse Museum - The museum documents the science and technology history of Australia. Visitors can view steam engines, vintage cars and other artifacts. The museum is located in Ultimo, Sydney.
3. Sydney Jewish Museum - The museum documents the impact of Holocaust on the Jewish community of Australia, with interactive displays, talks and walking tours. The museum is located in Darlinghurst, Sydney.
4. Hyde Park Barracks Museum - The museum is a former convict barracks and is now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Visitors can learn about the harsh lives of the convicts from the 19th century. The museum is located in the center of Sydney.
1. The Rocks - The Rocks is a historic precinct located next to Circular Quay, Sydney. It is one of the oldest parts of Sydney and has preserved many buildings from the colonial era. Visitors can take walking tours and learn about its rich past.
2. Old Government House - The house was built in the 18th century and is Australia's oldest surviving public building. It was once home to the governors of New South Wales and is now a museum. The house is located in Parramatta, Sydney.
3. Cadman's Cottage - This is one of Sydney's oldest surviving buildings, built in 1816. Formerly a sailor's home and customs house, it is now a museum that presents the life of ordinary seamen in Australia's early years. The cottage is located in The Rocks.
4. Elizabeth Farm - This is one of the oldest remaining homes in Australia, built in 1793. Visitors can explore the house and gardens and witness how the early settlers lived. The farm is located in Parramatta, Sydney.
Sydney's galleries, museums, and historical venues provide an excellent opportunity to discover the rich culture, history and heritage of the region. All the venues listed above are worthy of a visit, and all exhibit fantastic exhibits and artifacts. Whether you're interested in art, science, or history, there's something for everyone to discover in and around the region of Sydney.
Sydney Galleries and Museums Articles